The Pacific Alliance is the new economic and development engine for Latin America and the Caribbean: President Santos
Cali, 23 may (SIG). "It is, first and foremost, an alliance for the well-being of 210 million people who inhabit our countries and –in a broader view- for the well-being of the whole region,” the President stated upon opening the VII Summit of the Pacific Alliance in Cali.
‘We have surpassed the one million houses promised during the campaign': President Santos.
Cali, 22 may (SIG). • During the handing over of 500 free houses in Cali, the President presented a balance of the social policy on housing.
• The Head of State also highlighted the approval by the Ministry of the Environment for the construction of the second generation of housing macro-projects.
The Pacific Alliance is a huge development opportunity for Colombia: President Santos
Bogotá, May 21 (SIG). “There will also be more tourism: cultural tourism; adventure and nature tourism; sun and beach, and this is another employment and income source for the country’s Afro population”, the Head of State.
Labor agreement between the National Government and public employees is ready
Bogotá, May 15 (SIG). • Salaries for year 2013 will be increased by 3.44 percent.
• The agreement, which will be formalized at the Presidency of the Republic, will remain in force until December 31, 2014.
‘Relations between Germany and Colombia are at their best moment:’ President Santos
Bogotá, May 10 (SIG). The Colombian Head of State also highlighted Colombian-German cooperation in science, technology, innovation, education, training, trade and investment.
Nothing is going to be negotiated at the table with the Farc in relation to the future of the Military Forces: President Santos
Bogotá, May 9 (SIG). If there are judicial benefits for the Farc, there will also be benefits for the Military Forces, the Head of State points out.
Colombia’s image is at a very high level today and the country is much respected, stated former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
Bogotá, May 2 (SIG). Colombia’s image is at a very high level today and the country is much respected, stated former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
President Santos announces the construction of a supplemental airport for Bogotá in Madrid, Cundinamarca
Bogotá, April 26 (SIG). "That is why we are taking the pertinent measures to avoid that situation and the first phase of those measures was to move everything related to commercial aviation and what is called State aviation, that is, the Government’s and the Military Forces’ aviation to another airport that will be located nearby. It will be in Madrid, Cundinamarca," the Head of State explained.
President of Portugal offers support for the peace process in Colombia
Bogotá, April 16 (SIG).• “Colombia will always count on Portugal, as it can count on the support of all the European Union countries, to achieve progress towards peace as quickly as possible,” asserted the Portuguese Head of State.
Government launched the Productivity and Employment Drive Plan
Bogotá, April 15 (SIG).• The Plan envisages investments exceeding 5 trillion pesos and is estimated to create around 350 thousand new jobs during its execution period.
Ambassador of Portugal in Colombia presented credential letters to President Santos
Bogotá, April 11 (SIG). Mr. Joao Manuel Mendes Ribeiro de Almeida, Ambassador of Portugal in Colombia, presented his credential letters to President Juan Manuel Santos this Thursday.
‘Today all Colombians, regardless of how they think, are united around peace’: President Santos
Bogotá, April 9 (SIG). • "We are moving forward at Havana, and with the support of the Colombian people, we'll move faster in order to enjoy, as quickly as possible, the fruits of peace", the Head of State assured.
‘The time to heal the wounds has come’: President Santos
Bogotá, April 8 (SIG). More than 85 thousand of the 160 thousand victims administratively indemnified by the State now have a Comprehensive Attention, Assistance and Reparation Plan.
The enemies of peace are making up stories to poison the process: President Santos
The Governor of La Guajira, Juan Francisco Gómez, denied versions about an attack against him. He stated that it's not true that he was evacuated by law enforcement and that he was not in Barrancas but in Maicao.
President Santos labels the economy’s 4 percent growth in 2012 as good news
Bogotá, March 21 (SIG). "It fills us with optimism to keep on building a fairer, more modern and safer country”, the President stated.
In this Government we have delivered natural gas to 960 thousand families: President Santos
San Basilio de Palenque, Bolívar, March 20 (SIG). San Basilio de Palenque will have Internet connection, the President announced.
“The bills filed today should transform the health system model:” President Santos
Bogotá, March 19 (SIG). The President said this Tuesday, upon filing the bills of the statutory and ordinary health laws before the Secretary of the Senate.
President Santos highlights the full support of the National Unity Table for the Legislative Agenda
Bogotá, March 18 (SIG). Upon concluding the Cabinet Council held this Monday at the Casa de Nariño, President Juan Manuel Santos considered that the Health Reform project has a “very important scope towards improving this service for Colombians.”
Reforms and improvements to the coffee sector’s institutions are not ruled out: President Santos
• The Head of State informed that a high level independent commission was convened to submit proposals.
342 families from San Vicente del Caguán received land titles
• President Santos pointed out that 1.6 million hectares have been handed over to peasants throughout the national territory during the course of this administration. “In this Government we're determined and we're committed," he said.
‘As long as I see the counterpart is willing to reach an agreement, I'm not going to leave the table, I will persevere’: President Santos
• “This is a difficult decision made by the Government -I made it-, to negotiate in the midst of the conflict", the Head of State explained in light of the attacks and kidnappings by the Farc.
President reiterates the need for public authorities to work together
• “We must work together, in harmony, in order to bring about these reforms and actually achieve all the things we have to build", the President said in the induction into office of Pedro Octavio Munar as magistrate of the Administrative Chamber of the Superior Council for the Judiciary.
President Santos announces assistance package for the coffee growing sector
• The Government will allot 150 billion additional pesos this year for the payment of the Coffee Grower Income Support (AIC).
'If the willingness is there, I trust we will achieve peace this year:' President Santos
• The Head of State pointed out that with the implementation of the Victims and Land Restitution Laws, among others, peace is also being built.
President Santos highlights that 2012 closed with a single digit unemployment figure
• According to the National Administrative Statistics Department (DANE), unemployment in December was 9.6 percent.
• The average unemployment rate for 2012 was 10.4 percent, the lowest in the last 11 years.
• 677 thousand people found a job last year, and over 2 million during the current Administration.